Hey friends and welcome back to my blog!
This post is all about the warm and fuzzies inside because winter and cold/flu season is in full effect! Soup is always the answer! It is my favorite quick, easy, and healthy go-to meal.
I have recently added lentils into my weekly meals and I’m OBSESSED. They’re so versatile and can literally be used in so many different types of recipes. HUGE PLUS, they are packed with protein! This makes them an amazing alternative when cutting out meat without losing out on protein!
I posted this on my Instagram Story and again had a lot of interest in this recipe, so here it is!
Veggie Lentil Soup
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3-5 cloves fresh garlic, minced (I used 5 because I LOVE garlic)
- 3-5 whole carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 celery sticks, chopped
- 4 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 2-3 kale leaves, remove stem and tear or chop
- 2 cups lentils (I used 1 cup dry red lentils + 1 cup dry green lentils)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tbsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp thyme
- May also add pepper to taste (I didn’t use pepper, but this is definitely an option)
- Chop all vegetables.
- Place all vegetables and minced garlic in a large soup pot. Dry sauté until vegetables are tender and onions begin to become translucent. Stirring frequently.
- Add vegetable stock + water, lentils, and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until lentils are fully cooked.
- Serve hot.
Seriously, this recipe is SO simple and perfect for these cold winter nights! Now that California finally started to bring in the winter weather 😉
I would love to hear from you guys after trying the recipe, so don’t forget to leave me a comment below!
Thank you for visiting my blog!